WordPress Training: Series One
NOTE: This class has ended. The next class will be announced in the WordPress User Group Newsletter.
Series consists of eight hours of training (four 2-hour classes)
This is lecture style – not hands on, but you are welcome to bring a laptop
What’s being taught?
This class series is all about using WordPress on a “Self-Hosted” installation. That means WordPress is installed to your own hosting account (as opposed to using wordpress.com).
We are starting from the beginning and working through all the important steps. You don’t need to have a WordPress site before the class starts, in fact, it’s better to get through the first class before launching your site.
A few of the topics:
- Domain Names
- Moving around the WordPress Dashboard
- Creating a Post or a Page
- Adding & Formatting Images
- Creating a SlideShow
- Inserting Video
- Keeping your Website Safe
- The Right Settings for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Installing your Theme and Styling your Site
- Choosing the Right Plugins
- The LIST: Our Favorite Plugins and How to Use Them
- Bringing Social Media Functionality into your site: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus